Thursday 11 October 2012

Quilt fabric dress - Newlook 6024

The pattern - NewLook 6024 from SewingPatterns.com
downloaded and stuck together

The fabric - quilt fabric from my stash
I downloaded NewLook 6024 from SewingPatterns.com and recently printed it out. The dress interested me because of the neckline pleats.

The fabric is a quilting cotton - should be very comfortable on a humid summer day and being a quilting cotton it is not as see through as other 'fashion' fabrics.


I'm making view A but with the sleeves from view C. The fabric has been easy to sew and the pattern has come together well. However the back neck gaped excessively - and Mary the manequin was essential. I made two deep pleats, one on either side of the back zip and top stitched them, so no more gape.

I'm wearing the completed dress
 and my father is modelling the completed vest from the previous post

No comments:

Post a Comment