Friday 13 April 2012

My First Vogue

Vogue Patterns 2283 American Designer Donna Karan New York
Sewing Rating: EASY
Copyright 1989

I was brave this week and made my first Vogue. I used a polyester interlock (I think - it was an unlabelled remnant). The pattern went together easily once I got my head around the pleats - took me several attempts to interpret the instructions correctly. The rest was easy.

Mary wears it well. I will be dismantling the skirt soon. The fabric was good for a muslin but does not have enough body to actually wear in public and a solid dark colour would be much better.

Notes:
  • I'm glad I tested this pattern before committing expensive fabric to it
  • Fabric choice is crucial
  • Easy pattern to adjust sizing - only one place the back seam!
  • This is a wrap skirt with the wrap over the centre front
  • The back of the skirt is plain - hence the preference for a dark fabric with some body
  • Very quick to make once you get the pleats folded right
  • Pockets are useful
Vogue 2283 Bodysuit & Skirt - I made the skirt

The roughly completed skirt - this one is definitely a muslin/trial and will not be worn

No comments:

Post a Comment