Wednesday 1 August 2012

Blouse with cap sleeves

While I problem solved how to make the next waist coat for my Father, I 'relaxed' by sewing a blouse.

Pattern: Simplicity 9024 Extra-Sure Pattern from 1979
Size: 12
Fabric: printed cotton remnant

Style: Shirt with front button closing with collar, pocket and cap sleeves.

Time taken: less than 5 hours (about 2 evenings)

Alterations:
  • I used slightly smaller buttons from my button jar
  • The iron-on interfacing I used was very lightweight and I used two layers of it (probably unnecessarily but it seemed a good idea at the time)
  • I tapered the seam line from the waist to widen the shirt slightly at the hemline for a smoother fit over jeans.
  • Instead of pinking the edges, I overlocked them.
Printed cotton fabric remnant by Caprice

Extra-Sure - yes, it is hard to make a mistake with this pattern


Mary wears the blouse well.

No comments:

Post a Comment