Monday, 20 August 2012

Lettuce edging top

I made this several weeks ago and have been wearing it fairly regularly - so Mary hasn't had a chance to model it until now. It is from a Spotlight brand pattern and is a raglan sleeve top. I have modified it by making lettuce edges on the sleeves and hems with the overlocker.

  • This pattern is quite close fitting under the arms and the neckline is quite wide. The sleeves also seem quite long, although if made as per the pattern they will form that puff at the sleeve hem. I shortened them by about 4cm.
  • I used two layers of light weight interfacing on the neckband and it was quite stiff initially but after a couple of washed it has relaxed and kept its shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment