Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Kwik Sew 2867 progress


I used the wrong guideline for locating the drawstring and didn't realise until I had made the buttonhole - Oh dear! Put another one in the right place, sewed on the casing and inserted some ribbon for the drawstring.

Played around with using buttons or applique to cover the other buttonhole. After trying the top on I think I may just ignore the mistake as I doubt most people looking at me will see it.

I have overlocked all the raw edges on the neckline, armholes and hem. The side and shoulder seams were overlocked together. I am very glad I added a little bit to the hip measurement, next time I will either add a small side split or another cm of width.

No comments:

Post a Comment