Friday 11 November 2011

New Look 6354 view B pants from start to finish

Had just enough white slub fabric to make cool 3/4 pants. Seems too sheer for me so will try lining it to the knees with left overs.

Am using 'print at home' pattern downloaded from www.sewingpatterns.com

Love the print at home option but sometimes sticking all those A4 sheets of paper together is tedious.

Checking to see if my remnant is big enough to fit all the pattern pieces.

Pattern cut out with no changes.


I hope I won't regret using the blue chalk pencil to mark this fabric, it doesn't seem to be rubbing off.
It is just as well the marks are near the waistline and can be hidden with a top if need be.



I've overlocked the hem edge then hand hemmed it.





The waistband elastic is 5cm (2 inches) wide and I've used it as recommended in the pattern instructions despite my grumbles at the cost (about $5.50 a metre). This width does give a smooth finish unlike using two or more rows of narrower elastic which I have done when making the skirt version of this pattern.


The finished pants NewLook6354 and top KwikSew2867.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment